- A cover is termed "Full-Length"
if the design runs horizontally over the cover's length.
- There are many beautiful examples to be seen
in collections. But, the particular cover
- shown here also happens to be a "Midget,"
and that is a far rarer circumstance. Midgets
- were the products of Lion Match Co. (although
Ohio Match Co. produced a lesser
- number of similar sized covers). The Midget
met its demise with the oncoming shortages
- of materials resulting from World War II.
- Over 9,400 different Midgets are known, and
Full-Length designs (in all categories '
- combined) probably run well over 15,000.