- RMS CONVENTION
- August 19 - 25
- Hotel: Hard Rock Hotel,
777 W. Cherokee St., Catoosa, OK 74015 (800-760-6700 or 918-314-7800).
Room rate: $109+6% tax. Group code is MATCHCOVER20. The cut-off
date is July 28, 2018. After that date, its as available.
Airport Shuttle Info/Reservations:
- Travel Information:
- Pre-Registration Form:
Attendee registration fee will continue
to be $10 per person. Mitzy
Mantz, 1198 Spring Valley Rd., Bethleham, PA 18015. Please
send in form by August 1st.
is required for the banquet. You must sign up for the banquet
prior to the convention. Send to:
- Silent Auctions:
- Penny Auction:
- Auction Lots:
Any paid-up RMS member may enter up
to 15 lots in the convention auction. Send a list (2 copies)
w/SASE of what your lots will be to Shirley
Sayers, 1290 Corporation St. Beaver, Pa. 15009-2544
- Convention Program Book: Convention Program Book:
@$35/full page, $20/half page, $10/quarter page.Contact Greg
Wolf, 708 S. Arlington Mill Dr. #304, Arlington,Va. 22204-2941
Display Entry Rules: (need TIPs on
1. Anyone entering
a display must be a paid up member of RMS.
2. Displays can consist of used or unused matchcovers,
full books, matchboxes or labels. (Salesman's samples, flats,
mutilated covers, loose labels and loose pages are permitted
ONLY in category #13 - Display.)
3. There are no restrictions as to title size, title placement,
or other added material on a display, as long as the entire display
is no more than 720 sq. inches in any dimentional combination
- e.g., 24" x 30". 20" x 36" (not including
the frame). Any display exceeding 720 sq. inches shall be charged
as two (2) displays. No display may be larger than 1440 square
4. Each display shall bear the name and address of the
entrant on the back of the display. This information shall be
covered with opaque paper or a card. The number of the category
in which the display is to be entered shall be on the outside
of the opaque paper or card. This must be done prior to entering
5. Each display SHALL be covered with transparent material
to inhibit removal of covers. (The chairperson wishes it to be
known that all reasonable care will be taken to safeguard displays,
but neither the chairperson nor RMS assumes any responsibility,
either legal or moral, for their integrity).
6. Displays shall adhere to the criteria of the category
in which they are entered.
7. Entrants may enter no more than two (2) displays in
any category. A maximum of ten (10) displays per membership can
- 1 Single .............................Two
(2) of same may be shown to illustrate inside
2 Sets & Series
3 Military & Political ..........Army; Navy; Marines;
Air Force; Coast Guard; Military Camps and bases;
Military and Veterans Hospitals; no Credit unions;
Major and Minor Political
6 Lodging............................Hotels; Motels; Inns;
7 VIPs & Entertainment.......Movie stars; Movies; Theme
Parks; Casinos etc.
8 Thematic...........................Bears; Fairs; Gaming;
Top Hats; etc.
9 Businesses, Products........All Financial institutions;
Department and Drug stores; & Services Funeral
10 Eating & Drinking..........
Restaurants; Bars; Grills; Drive-ins; etc.
11 Open Entry to any display
13 Display only....................No RMS award given but
displays are eligible for non-RMS club, individual and
- 14 People's
Choice...............voted on by members attending the convention.
to be Presented:
- -Big Boy Restaurant Club:
- -Connecticut MC:
- -Denver Striker:
- -Forest City MC: Best
- -Girlie Club:
- -Hallmark Club:
- -Huggable Bears Club:
- -Jewelite Club:
- -Mermaid Club:
- -New England MC:
- -New Moon (gives two):
- -Penn Ohio MC:
- -Southeastern MC:
- -Tobacco Club:
- -Tri-State MC:
- -Trans Canada MC:
- -Keystone-Lehigh (Harry Stump Mem. Award):
- -Mary Ross Memorial Award:
- -Pat Flynn Memorial Award:
- -Ward Chase/Evelyn Hovious Memorial Award:
- -Empire (Manny Phillips Award):
- -Empire - (Sam Schroeder Award):
- -Stella Williams - John Williams Memorial
Hall of Fame Nominations: It is never too early
to send in a nomination for the RMS Hall of Fame.
Induction into the RMS Hall of Fame is a means
of honoring individuals who have made significant contributions
to the hobby. If you know any RMS member, either living or deceased,
who deserves this recognition, now is the time to submit his
or her name for consideration.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES OR YOUR VOTE
MAY BE INVALIDATED
If living, the person should be an RMS member
in good standing, with twenty or more years of membership. Deceased
individuals must have joined RMS at least 10 years prior to nomination.
The nomination letter should include the nominees
RMS number and a résumé of his or her contributions
to the hobby. The person submitting the nomination must be an
RMS member in good standing and include his or her RMS number
Send nominations no later than July 31, 2018
to: Nancy Smith, 3810
Edinburg Dr., Murrysville, PA 15668-1060
- Outstanding Collector of the Year Nominations: Nominations for the RMS
Outstanding Collector of the year Award to be presented at this
years convention are now being accepted. Send nominations
to Chairperson below.
NOMINATIONS ARE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING: An Outstanding Collector
shall be selected from RMS members in good standing and based
on his/her achievements in the Hobby and the Society during the
5 years immediately prior to the award. Nominees must have contributed
to the advancement of the hobby in a manner far above the average
in one or more of the following ways:
1. Promotion, publicity, or public relations on a national
or international scale.
2. Organizational efforts in connection with the advancement
of the hobby.
3. Author of books, pamphlets, articles, check lists,
and similar material which have been circulated to a large
number of collectors.
4. Creation of good will among old and new collectors.
5. Sustained performance of above average work for the
hobby in one or more of the above or other helpful
Any member in good standing may nominate a candidate for this
award by sending in their name with a full resume of the candidates
achievements. Consideration for the award will be based on the
information and qualifications contained in the resume. Mail
ASAP to: Morris Pasternak,
51 Beaufort Hills Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada L4E 2N2
- People To Contact For:
- -Convention Chairpersons:
Edelman 8822 Hargrave
St. Philadelphia, Pa. 19152-1511; Nancy Smith 3810 Edinburg Dr. Murrysville, Pa,
DeGennaro 309 E. 87th
St. New York, NY 10128-6774
-Auction Lots: Shirley
Sayers, 1290 Corporation St. Beaver, Pa. 15009-2544.Members
in good standing may enter 15 lots.
- -Awards: See
- -Club Meetings:
- -Day Trips/Tours - Pre-Registration
- -Dealer Tables:
- -Display Room: Loren Ross, 2743 Flangel Street, Lakewood, California
- -Freebie Tables: Bob Hofacker,
7885 Stoltz Rd.,Greenville, Oh. 45331-9654.
-Games & Prizes:
- -Hall of Fame Nominations: Nancy Smith,
3810 Edinburg Dr., Murrysville, PA 15668-1060
-Outstanding Collector of the Year Nominations: Morris
Pasternak, 51 Beaufort Hills Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario,
Canada L4E 2N2
- -Penny Auction:
- -Program Book: Greg Wolf,
708 S. Arlington Mill Dr. #304, Arlington,Va. 22204-2941
- -Raffle & Game Prizes:
- -Silent Auctions:
- -Thank you Bags: Dan & Kathy Bitter, 1800Yosemite Pl., Edmond,
- -Travel Info:
convention chairpersons (see above)
- -Trivia Event:
- -Trophies, plaques, etc.:
- Please direct all other inquiries
regarding committees, or to volunteer to help, to the Co-Chairs.