- RMS CONVENTION
- Hotel: August 8 - 13th,
2021. Four Points Hotel, 300 Meadow Ave., Scranton, PA, 18505.
570-3449811.Room rate: $89+tax; breakfast included. http://fourpointsscranton.com. Reserve early.
- Airport Shuttle Info/Reservations:
Hotel does not provide transportation.
On your own. Airlines that serve the airport : American, Delta
- Travel Information:
Convention Schedule: Nancy Smith, 3810 Edinburg
Dr., Murrysville, PA 15668-1060
Mantz, 1198 Spring Valley Rd., Bethleham, PA 18015
is required for the banquet. You must sign up for the banquet
prior to the convention. Send to:
- Silent Auctions:
- Penny Auction:
- Auction Lots:
Any paid-up RMS member may enter up
to 15 lots in the convention auction. Send a list (2 copies)
w/SASE of what your lots will be to
- Convention Program Book: Convention Program Book:
@$35/full page, $20/half page, $10/quarter page. Contact: Denise McKinney, 5139 Olivewood
Ave., Riverside, CA 92506
Display Entry Rules: (need TIPs on
1. Anyone entering
a display must be a paid up member of RMS.
2. Displays can consist of used or unused matchcovers,
full books, matchboxes or labels. (Salesman's samples, flats,
mutilated covers, loose labels and loose pages are permitted
ONLY in category #13 - Display.)
3. There are no restrictions as to title size, title placement,
or other added material on a display, as long as the entire display
is no more than 720 sq. inches in any dimentional combination
- e.g., 24" x 30". 20" x 36" (not including
the frame). Any display exceeding 720 sq. inches shall be charged
as two (2) displays. No display may be larger than 1440 square
4. Each display shall bear the name and address of the
entrant on the back of the display. This information shall be
covered with opaque paper or a card. The number of the category
in which the display is to be entered shall be on the outside
of the opaque paper or card. This must be done prior to entering
5. Each display SHALL be covered with transparent material
to inhibit removal of covers. (The chairperson wishes it to be
known that all reasonable care will be taken to safeguard displays,
but neither the chairperson nor RMS assumes any responsibility,
either legal or moral, for their integrity).
6. Displays shall adhere to the criteria of the category
in which they are entered.
7. Entrants may enter no more than two (2) displays in
any category. A maximum of ten (10) displays per membership can
- 1 Single .............................Two
(2) of same may be shown to illustrate inside
2 Sets & Series
3 Military & Political ..........Army; Navy; Marines;
Air Force; Coast Guard; Military Camps and bases;
Military and Veterans Hospitals; no Credit unions;
Major and Minor Political
6 Lodging............................Hotels; Motels; Inns;
7 VIPs & Entertainment.......Movie stars; Movies; Theme
Parks; Casinos etc.
8 Thematic...........................Bears; Fairs; Gaming;
Top Hats; etc.
9 Businesses, Products........All Financial institutions;
Department and Drug stores; & Services Funeral
10 Eating & Drinking..........
Restaurants; Bars; Grills; Drive-ins; etc.
11 Open Entry to any display
13 Display only....................No RMS award given but
displays are eligible for non-RMS club, individual and
- 14 People's
Choice...............voted on by members attending the convention.
to be Presented:
-Angelus: Best Combo Display
- -Big Boy Restaurant Club:
- -Connecticut MC:
- -Denver Strikers MC:
- -Forest City MC: Best
- -Girlie Club:
- -Hallmark Club:
- -Huggable Bears Club:
- -Jewelite Club:
- -Liberty Bell MC:
- -Mermaid Club:
- -New England MC:
- -New Moon (gives two):
- -Penn Ohio MC:
- -Southeastern MC:
- -Tobacco Club:
- -Tri-State MC: Best
Outstanding Sets display (no albums)
- -Trans Canada MC:
- -Keystone-Lehigh (Harry Stump Mem. Award):
- -Mary Ross Memorial Award:
- -Pat Flynn Memorial Award:
- -Ward Chase/Evelyn Hovious Memorial Award:
- -Empire (Manny Phillips Award):
- -Empire - (Sam Schroeder Award):
- -Stella Williams - John Williams Memorial
Hall of Fame and Outstanding
Collector of Year Nominations:
- Hall of Fame Nominations: It's now time
to start thinking of those people who deserve a place in the
RMS Hall of Fame. This is a means of honoring those individuals,
either living or deceased, who have made significant contributions
to the hobby. The plaque containing the names of inductees is
a permanent tribute to those who have helped to make our hobby
what it is today.
- PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES OR YOUR
VOTE MAY BE INVALIDATED
- Individuals nominated for the 2021 RMS
Hall of Fame may be living or deceased. If living, they should
be RMS members in good standing with twenty or more years of
membership. Deceased individuals considered must have joined
RMS at least 10 years prior to nomination.
- The nomination should include a resume
of the individual's contributions to the hobby along with a statement
by the nominator as to why the person should be considered as
a member of the RMS Hall of Fame. Be sure both the name and RMS#
of the nominator and the nominee are included. Send names, with
the qualifications of the candidate(s) to the chairperson below.
By mail, they need to be received by Sunday, August 1st, 2021
or by hand at RMS, by Tuesday.
- Chairperson - RMS Hall of Fame Committee
- Bill Gigantino, 3232 Whitney Ave., #902, Hamden, CT 06518-2147
- Outstanding Collector of the Year Nominations:
Nominations for the 2021 RMS Outstanding Collector of the year
Award. Send nominations to Chairperson.
- PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES OR YOUR
VOTE MAY BE INVALIDATED
- NOMINATIONS ARE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:
An Outstanding Collector shall be selected from RMS members in
good standing and based on his/her achievements in the Hobby
and the Society during the 5 years immediately prior to the award
(2021-2016). Nominees must have contributed to the advancement
of the hobby in a manner far above the average in one or more
of the following ways:
- 1. Promotion, publicity, or public relations
on a national or international scale.
2. Organizational efforts in connection with the advancement
of the hobby.
3. Author of books, pamphlets, articles, check lists, and similar
material which have been circulated to a large number of collectors.
4. Creation of good will among old and new collectors.
5. Sustained performance of above average work for the hobby
in one or more of the above or other helpful categories.
- Any member in good standing may nominate
a candidate for this award by sending in their name with a full
resume of the candidates achievements. DEADLINE: By mail
or e-mail, Tuesday, August 4th, 2021 and by hand at RMS by Tuesday,
August 10th, 2021. Consideration for the award will be based
on the information and qualifications contained in the resume.
Mail to - Mike Samuels, 4301 Military Road NW Ph03; Washington
DC 20015 email@example.com
*Note: As there was no RMS Convention last year, the Committee
may decide to select two Outstanding Collectors (one for 2020
and one for 2021.) Previous winners may be considered again.
- People To Contact For:
- -Convention Chairpersons:
-Auction Lots: Shirley
Sayers, 1290 Corporation St., Beaver, PA 15009
- -Awards: See
- -Club Meetings:
- -Day Trips/Tours - Pre-Registration
- -Dealer Tables:
- -Display Room: Loren Ross, 2743 Flangel Street, Lakewood, California
- -Freebie Tables:
-Games & Prizes:
- -Hall of Fame Nominations:
-Outstanding Collector of the Year Nominations:
- -Penny Auction:
- -Program Book:
- -Raffle & Game Prizes:
- -Silent Auctions:
- -Thank you Bags:
- -Travel Info:
convention chairpersons (see above)
- -Trophies, plaques, etc.:
- Please direct all other inquiries
regarding committees, or to volunteer to help, to the Co-Chairs.