- RMS CONVENTION
August 25-30, 2024. Holiday Inn Cincinnati
AP, 1717 Airport Exchange Blvd., Erlanger, KY 41018 1-859-371-2233
(front desk); 1-888-465-4329 (Central Reservations)
- Airport Shuttle Info/Reservations: complimentary within 5-mile
- Travel Information:
Red, White & Bluegrass!
- Pre-Registration Form:
- Silent Auctions:
- Penny Auction:
- Auction Lots:
Any paid-up RMS member may enter up
to 15 lots in the convention auction. Send a list (2 copies)
w/SASE of what your lots will be to
- Convention Program Book: Ad prices: $35 for full
page; $25 for half page; $15 for quarter page. Please send ads
in PDF, PNG, or JPG format. All ads and money need to be received
by July 1st. Everything goes to
Display Entry Rules: (need TIPs on
1. Anyone entering
a display must be a paid up member of RMS.
2. Displays can consist of used or unused matchcovers,
full books, matchboxes or labels. (Salesman's samples, flats,
mutilated covers, loose labels and loose pages are permitted
ONLY in category #13 - Display.)
3. There are no restrictions as to title size, title placement,
or other added material on a display, as long as the entire display
is no more than 720 sq. inches in any dimentional combination
- e.g., 24" x 30". 20" x 36" (not including
the frame). Any display exceeding 720 sq. inches shall be charged
as two (2) displays. No display may be larger than 1440 square
4. Each display shall bear the name and address of the
entrant on the back of the display. This information shall be
covered with opaque paper or a card. The number of the category
in which the display is to be entered shall be on the outside
of the opaque paper or card. This must be done prior to entering
5. Each display SHALL be covered with transparent material
to inhibit removal of covers. (The chairperson wishes it to be
known that all reasonable care will be taken to safeguard displays,
but neither the chairperson nor RMS assumes any responsibility,
either legal or moral, for their integrity).
6. Displays shall adhere to the criteria of the category
in which they are entered.
7. Entrants may enter no more than two (2) displays in
any category. A maximum of ten (10) displays per membership can
- 1 Single .............................Two
(2) of same may be shown to illustrate inside
2 Sets & Series
3 Military & Political ..........Army; Navy; Marines;
Air Force; Coast Guard; Military Camps and bases;
Military and Veterans Hospitals; no Credit unions;
Major and Minor Political
6 Lodging............................Hotels; Motels; Inns;
7 VIPs & Entertainment.......Movie stars; Movies; Theme
Parks; Casinos etc.
8 Thematic...........................Bears; Fairs; Gaming;
Top Hats; etc.
9 Businesses, Products........All Financial institutions;
Department and Drug stores; & Services Funeral
10 Eating & Drinking..........
Restaurants; Bars; Grills; Drive-ins; etc.
11 Open Entry to any display
13 Display only....................No RMS award given but
displays are eligible for non-RMS club, individual and
memorial awards. Flats may be used, but they
must have strikers.
- 14 People's
Choice...............voted on by members attending the convention.
to be Presented:
- -Connecticut MC:
- -Denver Strikers MC:
- -Girlie Club:
- -Huggable Bears Club:
- -Liberty Bell MC:
- -Mermaid Club:
- -Southeastern MC:
- -Tobacco Club:
- -Tri-State MC:
- -Trans Canada MC:
- -Keystone-Lehigh (Harry Stump Mem. Award):
- -Empire (Manny Phillips Award):
- -Mary Ross Award:
Hall of Fame and Outstanding
Collector of Year Nominations:
- Outstanding Collector of the Year Nominations: NOMINATIONS ARE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING: An Outstanding
Collector shall be selected from RMS members in good standing
and based on his/her achievements in the Hobby and the Society
during the 5 years immediately prior to the award. Nominees must
have contributed to the advancement of the hobby in a manner
far above the average in one or more of the following ways:
- Promotion, publicity, or public relations
on a national or international scale.
2. Organizational efforts in connection with the advancement
of the hobby.
3. Author of books, pamphlets, articles, check lists, and similar
material which have been circulated to a large number of collectors.
4. Creation of good will among old and new collectors.
5. Sustained performance of above average work for the hobby
in one or more of the above or other helpful categories.
- Any member in good standing may nominate
a candidate for this award by sending in their name with a full
resume of the candidates achievements. While traditionally,
no previous winner has been selected to received the award a
second time, the Committee is willing to consider repeat nominees
this year. Consideration for the award will be based on the information
and qualifications contained in the resume.
- Mail before Aug 10, 2024 to this year's
Outstanding Collector Committee chairperson:
- Outstanding Collector of the Year Nominations:
Nominations for the 2024 RMS Outstanding Collector of the Year
Award. Send nominations to Chairperson.
- PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
OR YOUR VOTE MAY BE INVALIDATED
- Hall of Fame Nominations: It is never too early to send in a nomination for
the RMS Hall of Fame.
- Induction into the RMS Hall of Fame is
a means of honoring individuals who have made significant contributions
to the hobby. If you know any RMS member, either living or deceased,
who deserves this recognition, now is the time to submit his
or her name for consideration.
- PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
OR YOUR VOTE MAY BE INVALIDATED:
- If living, the person should be an RMS
member in good standing, with twenty or more years of membership.
Deceased individuals must have joined RMS at least 10 years prior
- The nomination letter should include the
nominees RMS number and a résumé of his or
her contributions to the hobby. The person submitting the nomination
must be an RMS member in good standing and include his or her
RMS number as well.
- Send nominations no later than August
10, 2024 or at the convention by noon to:
- People To Contact For:
- -Convention Chairpersons:
McKinney, 3681 Sunnyside
Dr., #2862, Riverside, CA 92506; Pat
Mains, 105 Roger Lane,
Florence, KY 41042-2334
-Auction Lots: Shirley
Sayers, 1290 Corporation St., Beaver, PA 15009
- -Awards: See
- -Club Meetings:
- -Day Trips/Tours - Pre-Registration
- -Dealer Tables:
- -Display Room:
- -Freebie Tables:
-Games & Prizes:
- -Hall of Fame Nominations: see above
-Outstanding Collector of the Year Nominations: see above
- -Penny Auction:
- -Program Book:
- -Raffle & Game Prizes:
- -Silent Auctions:
- -Thank you Bags:
- -Travel Info:
convention chairpersons (see above)
- -Trophies, plaques, etc.:
- Please direct all other inquiries
regarding committees, or to volunteer to help, to the Co-Chairs.